My entry for a Spider-Man costume redesign contest over at comicvine.com. Haven't had a chance to draw in a while, so this was a lot of fun.
- Darker color pallet without resorting to Red / Black. No black actually. Even around the eyes I went with dark blue.
- Larger chest emblem for greater emphasis on "Spider" motif.
- Dropped the webbing pattern. I thought it might be too busy with the larger emblem. Used ribbing on arms, hands, and body as a sort of "visual echo" to the original.
- Belt is another homage to the original. Restructured and made a bit more "techy". I wanted something utilitarian ... in case he needed some supplies on a mission.
- I didn't want to detract from the sleekness of the costume. To me, Spider-Man needs to be acrobatic and that's hard to do in something that is too armored.
- Details on forearms hint at slightly upgraded web-shooters.
Hope ya'll enjoy. Thank you.